cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Vuforia Thingworx AMU Integration

GN_10211550
6-Contributor

Vuforia Thingworx AMU Integration

Hello everybody. I need to know if Thingworx AMU license is enough to get integration with Vuforia Studio Local Server, or It´s necessary Thingworx AMU + SCO Premium to get this integration. Considering that data on Thingworx AMU is available to explore in Vuforia. Is there any functional restriction for that in terms of license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GN_10211550  ,

because there was no answer for a long time to this topic I will try to provide some feedback . I have no experience with this product but according to the  ThingWorx Asset Advisor for Service Setup and Configuration Guide it seem that a requirment for this product is to have TWX core - what means TWX foundation  and this should be ok for connecting with Vuforia. 

"This product works in connection with Thing Worx servers and Kepwareservers. To use ThingWorx Asset Advisor for Service, you must have the support identified below. Related Documentation ThingWorx Asset Advisor for Services hares the same core system requirements and compatibility matrix with ThingWorx Core.It is useful to refer to the following document located at the PTC Reference Documents website under the productcategory:ThingWorx • ThingWorxCore8.1SystemRequirements For more information about ThingWorx, refer to the ThingWorx HelpCenter."

For the usage of vuforia Studio you need to have an experience service where you can publish the project for later viewing on the mobile devices . The exprience service use ony TWX basic functionality so that possibly there is no issue .

But you can also open a question to TWX communty  and aks for Thingworx AMU so  if you have    license of AMU if this contains a foundation TWX - or there are any known restrictions in the Thingworx functionality and when there  are- in this case which are the resctions in the TWX functionality (the difference to  TWX foundation)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @GN_10211550  ,

because there was no answer for a long time to this topic I will try to provide some feedback . I have no experience with this product but according to the  ThingWorx Asset Advisor for Service Setup and Configuration Guide it seem that a requirment for this product is to have TWX core - what means TWX foundation  and this should be ok for connecting with Vuforia. 

"This product works in connection with Thing Worx servers and Kepwareservers. To use ThingWorx Asset Advisor for Service, you must have the support identified below. Related Documentation ThingWorx Asset Advisor for Services hares the same core system requirements and compatibility matrix with ThingWorx Core.It is useful to refer to the following document located at the PTC Reference Documents website under the productcategory:ThingWorx • ThingWorxCore8.1SystemRequirements For more information about ThingWorx, refer to the ThingWorx HelpCenter."

For the usage of vuforia Studio you need to have an experience service where you can publish the project for later viewing on the mobile devices . The exprience service use ony TWX basic functionality so that possibly there is no issue .

But you can also open a question to TWX communty  and aks for Thingworx AMU so  if you have    license of AMU if this contains a foundation TWX - or there are any known restrictions in the Thingworx functionality and when there  are- in this case which are the resctions in the TWX functionality (the difference to  TWX foundation)

Top Tags