cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Vuforia View crashes on ipad pro

Lucas
7-Bedrock

Vuforia View crashes on ipad pro

As soon as I start a sequence in view the app crashes occasionally.
The behavior only occurs when it comes to a specific model. It does not on other models.

These are the last lines from the log file:

promiseReactionJob@[native code]
2021-06-11 08:54:33.815 ThingBrowser[ (I removed this part for publication) ] playStep name=model-1
libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type cvu::bad_variant_access: bad_variant_access

Ipad: Ipad Pro (11 inch, 3rd generation).
Vuforia View and Vuforia Studio are up to date.

i need a solution for a customer quickly please.

1 REPLY 1
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:Lucas)

Hello Lucas,

It seems an issue specific to iOS and to a specific PVZ file.

I have some questions to have a better understaning :

• Does the issue occur also in Vuforia View, in Android ?
  • Does any issues to play the Sequence is reported in Creo View for this pvz file ?

Here, the error message seems occured in a C++ library named libc+abi.

Previously, another crash in iOS with a different error message but in the same library has been reported to R&D.

More details in this article :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS322963

It was reported in Vuforia View 8.5.6 and corrected in next release in Vuforia View 8.5.7.

The error message cvu::bad_variant_access: bad_variant_access is unknow in PTC Technical Support database.

I suppose that this data cannot be shared in a public area as this forum.

So for a deeper analysis, I would recommend to open a case at Technical Support with the Project folder and the pvz file.

If the issue is reproducible in house at PTC (and I guess it will).

Investigation will focus on the Sequence made in Creo Illustrate. What are the effects applied in Creo Illustrate ..etc... ?

If the issue is reproducible and investigation about Sequence doesn't help to find a root cause, it will be needed to report that to R&D for a deeper analysis and I suppose a fix.

Of course, I cannot garantee that it will be fixed in next release as previously but it is the only solution we have to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags