cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Vuforia View error in Laptop/Desktop Version

mkumar-10-11-125
3-Visitor

Vuforia View error in Laptop/Desktop Version

I tried to view my Experience (Published using Spatial Target) in Laptop version Vuforia view.

I clicked on the link to view the experience and it asked for Horizontal or Vertical surface,when i select the corresponding one,the window is popping up as "Sorry! Spatial tracking isn't  supported on this device,so 3D elements wont be displayed."

My system Details are OS - Windows 10 , x64.

Please help me to fix the issue to view the Experience in Laptop/Desktop version.

1 REPLY 1

The Vuforia View on Windows Operating System no support Spatial Tracking. See Vuforia Studio Help with this information.

==========================================================================

So this means that you can currently review AR published in Creo Parametric on HoloLens, Android and IOS devices…  but not on Windows devices. I hope that soon a new version with the capability to display a spatial target will be released on the windows devices. Unfortunately we do not have currently an info about the timeline because the issue is caused on the current Microsoft windows functionality – not to support   the 'ground plane detection' feature of Spatial Targets. 

According PTC development statement:

„If a device doesn’t support spatial tracking, the user will get a warning message saying the device isn’t supported for spatial tracking. Then we still let the experience load so they can still see the 2D information, but we don’t let the 3D model load. If this was an issue for a customer, one approach would be to have two ‘Views’  in the experience (one with spatial target, one with a ThingMark target) to facilitate flipping to a version that worked on that particular device.“

The mention workaround in the comment from development is only applicable for AR project published form vuforia studio. Not applicable for AR models published by Creo Parametric.

Another article describing the current functionality for AR on the Creo platform is this:

About Creo Augmented Reality (AR) Design Share and Spatial Target publishing capabilities starting in Creo Parametric 4.0 M040

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS277017

Top Tags