cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Vuforia Widgets are suddenly Invisible

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

Vuforia Widgets are suddenly Invisible

I'm suddenly having a problem where the widgets I have placed in the Vuforia Studio canvas are not visible to me while looking at the canvas or in Preview. Does anybody know what is going on? I have already tried exiting and reopening Studio, as well as restarting my computer all together.

6 REPLIES 6
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:Ike@ACE)

Ike@ACE what version of Chrome/Edge are you using? We discovered an issue in the 109 builds of both that are affecting widget visibility on the canvas. 

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:tmccombie)

I'm using v1.47.171 of the Chromium Browser "Brave"

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:Ike@ACE)

Looks like that version is also using the 109 build of Chromium: https://brave.com/latest/.

We have filed a bug with Google for this. 

If you can, installing any of the 108.x builds of Chrome or Edge will work as expected.  

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:tmccombie)

I have an update to the problem. It seems that this issue isn't just affecting the canvas. It is also affecting the published experience. Since this issue cropped up, the models are no longer being published with the experience. This caused some serious problems during a demo today with some potential customers.

In addition, I looked into it and the Brave browser I use has implemented the Chromium v109.0.5414.87 build.

Hi Ike@ACE ,

alternative you can quick try to use portable chrome browser. So far I know if this is the issue what @tmccombie mentioned , So far I know, problem should not be present there.

https://google-chrome-portable.en.uptodown.com/windows 

The reason I brought up this new update to the problem was because I was surprised to find out that the models were not being published. I had thought that published experiences would be fine because they would rely on the JSON's and js code that is embedded in the experience files. This seems like an oversight that publishing relies so much on the canvas rather than on the JSON's in the files.

Top Tags