cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Vuforia studio

CP_10187386
4-Participant

Vuforia studio

I created a Vuforia Studio project with couple of widgets(text area). I bind them to ThingWorx tags.
When I do a preview I can see the data updating on the text areas. But when I Publish and Share it and then scan the QR code from the Vuforia view in my smartphone, the data on the text areas do not show up. Could you please help me understand what is the issue and how can we solve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CP_10187386 ,

Regarding to this issue I need Info about the access status of your Project.  Is this Studio project published with  PUBLIC access. You can check this in the Info Project Tab:

picture-1237.png

Depending on this settings – issue could be based of the security settings for your property and the es-public-access/ es-authorization users.

Because I do not have information what is your installation of the experience service – is it a PTC cloud instance or is a local on premisses installation. We need first to ensure that all required setting for the access permissions according to PTC documentation are done  - the following points are essential:

In case that PTC cloud instance is used – in this case the mentioned steps in the help are in generally already done.

Furthermore you need also to check the permission of the TWX entity what is displayed via the External Data in your Vuforia Studio project. So, e.g. we need to set the thing permissions -here in the example the AR_VR_Thing to set the visibility and the Runtime permission – so that normally to be able to access them in public or authorized projects.

2022-07-11_15-49-05.jpg

Please, let me know if the mentioned settings are helpful

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @CP_10187386 ,

Regarding to this issue I need Info about the access status of your Project.  Is this Studio project published with  PUBLIC access. You can check this in the Info Project Tab:

picture-1237.png

Depending on this settings – issue could be based of the security settings for your property and the es-public-access/ es-authorization users.

Because I do not have information what is your installation of the experience service – is it a PTC cloud instance or is a local on premisses installation. We need first to ensure that all required setting for the access permissions according to PTC documentation are done  - the following points are essential:

In case that PTC cloud instance is used – in this case the mentioned steps in the help are in generally already done.

Furthermore you need also to check the permission of the TWX entity what is displayed via the External Data in your Vuforia Studio project. So, e.g. we need to set the thing permissions -here in the example the AR_VR_Thing to set the visibility and the Runtime permission – so that normally to be able to access them in public or authorized projects.

2022-07-11_15-49-05.jpg

Please, let me know if the mentioned settings are helpful

Dear Roland,

Thank you for your response. The access was public but there were no users specified, so I added permission for public access and it worked.

Top Tags