Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New in Vuforia Studio 8.3.3

Re: What's New in Vuforia Studio 8.3.3

@tmccombie Is the grouping of ModelItems under the parent Model new? This pretty big news on the large experience organization front!

2018-08-27 15_14_28-Design - Vuforia Studio.png

Hi @tmccombie,

This is great and I"m already finding this useful, but now I"m going one of those customers that asks for more. Smiley Happy

It would be great if the sequence could be applied when capturing the detection position for a model target.  While it's great that it can be applied at design time, so when I'm building the experience, I can see what the model will look like when loaded based on the sequence, if I'm using a model target, I'm back to having the mess of everything visible for my detection position, so there's often extra stuff that will get captured in the outline.

To get around this, I've sometimes had to upload another model file that has the model "clean" and then use this model as the target and make it not visible in the experience.

Many thanks,

Allan

Yes i too typically upload a separate "tracking" model for my experiences using Model Tracking. Typically because the model i want to use for AR either has too much or too little 3D stuff in it for tracking to work well. So if i could use a sequence frame zero while setting the detection position i could just create a sequence in Illustrator that only has the items i want for detection visible. This would reduce the size of my experiences and simplify the process.

@AllanThompson @jmikesell Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure this gets back to our Product Owners/Managers. 

@jmikesell yes, this is a new improvement to the 3D container. 

Hi Tara,

I want to know about the following.

• Model target generation as a service (Beta)

thanks,

Preeti

It seems like after this update my Windows laptop does will not show me the camera anymore. I just get a black background. 

I have tried resetting the app and uninstalling it but the problem persists. Any idea how to fix this? Or if there will be an update shortly to fix this issue? 

@tmccombie The new grouping is really great, but it seems that now we've lost some capabilities:

1. I can't select a modelitem in the 3D view any more.
  2. When I select a modelitem in the project tree, it doesn't highlight in the 3D view.

This seems to happen once I go out of a project and come back in after creating a modelitem and it only seems to apply to HoloLens experiences.

@tmccombie it seems that with the new 3D container you can no longer drag modelItems in the tree to reorder them. Not drag them out of the 3D container but just reorder in the container. This is a loss of functionality that should be fixed.

@AllanThompson I have reproduced this and reported it to our R&D team. 

Announcements
Topics available:
AR/VR for Data Optimization AR/VR for Security and Control AR/VR for Inspection