cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

What's the function of the module SPN-56272-F- AR Vuforia Studio On Premises Additional Server?

Patton_Mi
5-Regular Member

What's the function of the module SPN-56272-F- AR Vuforia Studio On Premises Additional Server?

Hello Experts,

In the prcing list, there is a module SPN-56272-F- AR Vuforia Studio On Premises Additional Server. What's the function for it and how to install and use it? I cannot find any information in knowledge base and community search. Please check and give any description about it. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Patton_Mi ,

Currently we have trail and commercial PTC hosted server, on the one hand and on premises server (for local installation).

The trail server (which is free) is the server which have only rudimentary functionality for test during of the trail period.

For the commercial usage - customers could use a Experience Service which is installed and configured on the PTC cloud. In this case customer need only to install Studio and could publish on the PTC Cloud experience service.

Another option is to install on premises server inside the customizer company (companies server) In this case customer need to install locally (in house) a TWX server and Experience Service. Later this server could be registered on GXI service - so means that Vuforia View could find a project on the customers on premises server  when users  scan a thingmark (in this case is not required   to set the server url in the Vuforia View settings)

What I believe here with this option is that Customer could use PTC Cloud server but still they have an option to install on premises (in house server) e.g. for testing or internal projects or handling of sensible data.  I want to point that the on premises server do not support 100% all features which are available on the PTC Could instances (e.g. Advance Targets - coming with the new Releases)

If you have this option in your license pack and use currently PTC cloud, you can try to upload the TWX and Experience Service installation on https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

If you are able to see the TWX and ES setups files to downloads - you will be able to install Experience Service - no license is required. I am not sure if TWX  in such case is  provided but you can try with your account according to  the doc following https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/LicensingforThingWorxPlatform.html

Possibly this will work. Or you can ask your PTC  sales representative for more details about the purchased options.

Patton_Mi
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Hi RolandRaytchev,

Thanks so much for your response. The description is just what I need.

For the commercial usage - customers could use a Experience Service which is installed and configured on the PTC cloud. In this case customer need only to install Studio and could publish on the PTC Cloud experience service.

And how can I load the license module when I got it? Is there any other program needed from the download matrix? Which url to set the Experience Service to the PTC cloud es in Vuforia Studio?

es_url.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

Patton

Hello Patton,

actually to install Vuforia Studio and to publish to cloud you do not need any extra licenses. you need only to know what is the URL of your PTC cloud experience service and to have valid login account for it. When PTC create a new PTC customer cloud account - in this case the admin , who is responsible / the main point of contact on the customer side , should receive a welcome e-mail which contains the URL of customers Thingsworx and Experience Service Instances on the PTC cloud for commercial and for test/development - means 4 URLs . In this case the customer admin could add other users so they will be able to login  TWX and to use also the Experience Service /dev + commercial. Please, check who is the admin for AR/Vuforia in your company  and ask him/her for the URL  and login account data.

In some cases is possible that the welcome e-mail was not sent or some e-mails filters blocked it.  In this case , please, open a Technical Support Case for AR /Vuforia Studio and request that  PTC will send your account data again.

Patton_Mi
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Hi RolandRaytchev,

Thank you very much for your professional help. The problem has been completely solved.

Best Regards,

Patton

Top Tags