cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

When capturing a video the ThingWorxView downloaded from the Store does not work.

RolandRaytchev
21-Topaz I

When capturing a video the ThingWorxView downloaded from the Store does not work.

Updatde the ThingWorxView for the hololens from the  Microsoft Store https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh555tt
but when using the Windows Device Portal and  try to record or show a live view in the Mixed Reality Capture - in this case  the ThingWorxView does not work.

Also tried the  hololens recording function directly in the device panel - and this also leads that the  ThingWorxView will not ask for the thing mark and will not  display any experience.  Is anyone aware of this problem?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roland,

Did you speak the command "Hey View, enable recording" before trying to record?  This is necessary.  I was able to record just fine yesterday, so I don't think it is a problem with the updated version of View.

Pam

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Roland,

Did you speak the command "Hey View, enable recording" before trying to record?  This is necessary.  I was able to record just fine yesterday, so I don't think it is a problem with the updated version of View.

Pam

katte
1-Newbie
(To:pvermeer)

Interestingly, though recording the experience works, but when it comes to "live preview" from HoloLens portal it doesn't work.

Hi Giri,

many thanks for this confirmation! This was the original I issue I had. So may be, the second problem with the general recording was a  problem issued by myself  😉

Thanks

roland

Pam

thank you for the replay

Here I need to add that I first observed the issue after I updated today to the new version from the store. The last version of ThingWorxView was not visible in store so I could not remember to had with the old version a poblem but... not really sure, because I wanted to test more detaled all features of the Windows Device Portal.

so... not sure ... may be it is could be such stupid mistake from my side.... will check tomorrow

Many  thanks

roland

Hi Pam,

yes this was what I forgot to do.

In this case on the microsoft device portal work fin the record functionality.

The live preview is still not working but it is no so important...

Thanks

Roland

Video Link : 1901

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

it works also in live preview -> better in windows 10 hololens app.

start thingworx view,

load the experience by scanning the thingmark.

launch live preview.

say: hey view, enable recording.

🙂

Hi Roland,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but I think I got the same issue, too. When capturing the images from HoloLens with the Device Portal and then starting ThingWorx View, nothing happens. The "scan your thingmark" isn't shown.
I think this is a HoloLens issue, because only one camera stream at the time is possible. So when streaming the images taken by HoloLens, ThingWorx View cannot access the camera and scan the Thingmark. This is why you should always start the observing stream of the Device Portal after the scanning of the thingmark is completed

Top Tags