cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Without using Creo illustratre, is it possible to go forward?

NP_10149671
7-Bedrock

Without using Creo illustratre, is it possible to go forward?

Hello Community,

I am creating 3d-guided-service-instruction 301. As In PTC guide mentioned here, in Add attributes bulk section they create listprice attribute. (Step 5-f) Here, I attach file and link please check this: https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2Fmetadata%2FMetadata_301_Add_Attributes.html%23 

Next, In Setup the project section as they mentioned, for updating quadcopter.pvz file need to add listprice new model attribute which was created in add attribute bulk section. ( In step 5 ) Here, I attach file and link please check this: https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2Fmetadata%2FMetadata_301_Set_Up_Project.html%23 

For, creating attributes bulk section I don't have Creo Illustrate. So, should I need to download  this creo Illustrate?  Without using Creo Illustrate, is it possible to go forward? Please suggest me. 

@pshashipreetham 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @NP_10149671 ,

I see that there was no answer to this post, so will try to answer.

Regarding to the question if you need Creo Illustrate  - the answer should be yes-  PTC recommend to have this tool because it is a part of the AR Vuforia Studio dev environment and you can do easy something like attribute value set (as mention in the module 301), change the  structure or create Figure /sequences what you can play in Studio . The Creo Illustrate is a tool which have much more functionality where not all feature are supported in Studio e.g. 2d annotation , or Animation as not part of figure/ sequences

Depending  on where the files are coming PVZ - when you authoring CAD  system is Creo Parametric - in this case you can set the parameters /the same as attribute - directly in Creo Parametric and when you save then e.g. ASM to pvz then this will save also the attributes.  If your Cad authoring system is different form Creo Parametric in this case to modify attributes you NEED Creo Illustrate to be able to edit this attributes. In Creo View (not light version) you will be able change Appearance and location but there you will be not able to edit attributes - only view, 

2022-06-30_14-02-08.jpg 

In  Creo Illustrate you can not change any system assembly specific attribute but you can add or change attributes  in generally - picture:

2022-06-30_14-07-49.jpg

so that finally the answer is yes - you need Creo Illustrate if you want to access all advance feature of Vitoria Studio

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @NP_10149671 ,

I see that there was no answer to this post, so will try to answer.

Regarding to the question if you need Creo Illustrate  - the answer should be yes-  PTC recommend to have this tool because it is a part of the AR Vuforia Studio dev environment and you can do easy something like attribute value set (as mention in the module 301), change the  structure or create Figure /sequences what you can play in Studio . The Creo Illustrate is a tool which have much more functionality where not all feature are supported in Studio e.g. 2d annotation , or Animation as not part of figure/ sequences

Depending  on where the files are coming PVZ - when you authoring CAD  system is Creo Parametric - in this case you can set the parameters /the same as attribute - directly in Creo Parametric and when you save then e.g. ASM to pvz then this will save also the attributes.  If your Cad authoring system is different form Creo Parametric in this case to modify attributes you NEED Creo Illustrate to be able to edit this attributes. In Creo View (not light version) you will be able change Appearance and location but there you will be not able to edit attributes - only view, 

2022-06-30_14-02-08.jpg 

In  Creo Illustrate you can not change any system assembly specific attribute but you can add or change attributes  in generally - picture:

2022-06-30_14-07-49.jpg

so that finally the answer is yes - you need Creo Illustrate if you want to access all advance feature of Vitoria Studio

Top Tags