cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

access STATE_DEF_CACHE

gbirnzain
10-Marble

access STATE_DEF_CACHE

I want to access the STATE_DEF_CACHE object to get the caption values of the several states. I did not find a variable path to access this from the javascript entry point $scope.

STATE_DEF_CACHE and STYLE_CACHE defined in app-runtime.js

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gbirnzain ,

I checked your problem more detailed, but I also did not find a way to get the value of STATE_DEF_CACHE inside the 

(function($scope, $element, $attrs, $timeout){...  

defined in the app.js.

...but I found a way how to get the state definitions as a list inside Vuforia Studio. This solutions approach use a Thingworx service GetAllStateDefinitions of the PlatformSubsystem. You can add it to the external data section:

2020-03-04_10-16-02.jpg

You need also to pay attention to set the correct runtime permissions of this service.

Now we can use this service to write the data to a widget text e.g. TEXT Input widget:

2020-03-04_13-21-29.jpg

We can filter the data in the text field with a  value filter definition:

return value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions;

This will return in my test example the following json object /string:

[{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"ACMEFieldSetLabelStyle","displayString":"STATE-1","defaultValue":"10","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeFoodsOrderInTransit","displayString":"STATE-2","defaultValue":"20","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeFoods.ButtonStyle","displayString":"STATE-3","defaultValue":"30","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeInvalidFieldStyle","displayString":"STATE-4","defaultValue":"40","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"DefaultTreeSelectedStyle","displayString":"STATE-5","defaultValue":"50","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeTractor.ButtonActiveStyle","displayString":"STATE-6","defaultValue":"60","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeTractor.ButtonStyle","displayString":"STATE-7","defaultValue":"70","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeTractor.LineScheduleInventoryStyle","displayString":"STATE-8","defaultValue":"80","name":"","description":""},{"defaultStyleDefinition":"GreenState","displayString":"High","defaultValue":"","name":"High","description":""}]

Later I could try to filter only the desired data.

For example the following filter defintion:

var txt = "";
function myFunction(value, index, array) {
  txt = txt + "[index=" +index+"].displayString="+ value.displayString + ";"; 
};
//=======================
return (function(){ 
console.warn("inside filter function filterDef");
if(value == undefined)
return "undefined value";
else
    if(  value["TestState1-100"] == undefined)
    return "value[TestState1-100] is undefined";
    else {
var state100TXT=JSON.stringify(value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions);
console.warn(state100TXT)
var state100=value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions;
state100.forEach(myFunction);  
return txt;
		}
}());

This will write in the text property of the input Text widget only the names of the used states:

[index=0].displayString=STATE-1;[index=1].displayString=STATE-2;[index=2].displayString=STATE-3;[index=3].displayString=STATE-4;[index=4].displayString=STATE-5;[index=5].displayString=STATE-6;[index=6].displayString=STATE-7;[index=7].displayString=STATE-8;[index=8].displayString=High;

2020-03-04_12-28-10.jpg

You can use now the text property of this widget in your javaScript code

But it is also possible to write a direct JavaScript function. For example, the following code:

///////////////////////////////////////////
var myList = [];
  myList.push(value);
}
//=============
$scope.app.runMyTWXService = function() {
  	var TWXmodelID = 'PlatformSubsystem';
  	var serviceName = 'GetAllStateDefinitions';
  	var parameters = {'propertyName': 'Temp', 'maxItems': 10};  
  	//twx.app.fn.triggerDataService(TWXmodelID, serviceName, parameters);
//return  twx.app.fn.triggerDataService(TWXmodelID, serviceName, '{}');
return $scope.app.mdl[TWXmodelID].svc[serviceName].data;  
};

$scope.app.getListStates=function(){
var value= $scope.app.runMyTWXService();
 console.log("value in $scope.app.getListStates()"); 
 console.warn(value)
if(value == undefined) {
console.error( "undefined value");
  myList.push( "undefined value");
                      }
else
    {console.error("value[TestState1-100] is undefined");
     myList.push("value[TestState1-100] is undefined")
    }
    else {
     value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions.forEach(myFunction);  

}
  return myList;
}
$scope.app.MyTestButton= function() {
console.log( "$scope.app.getListStates()" )
console.warn( $scope.app.getListStates())
}

This is similar to the filter definition mentioned above. Here the function will write the stateNames of TestState1-100 to the javascript list myList. You can change this code to add all required filed  of the stated definition to your list.

Example when I tested it :

2020-03-04_13-04-43.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @gbirnzain ,

I checked your problem more detailed, but I also did not find a way to get the value of STATE_DEF_CACHE inside the 

(function($scope, $element, $attrs, $timeout){...  

defined in the app.js.

...but I found a way how to get the state definitions as a list inside Vuforia Studio. This solutions approach use a Thingworx service GetAllStateDefinitions of the PlatformSubsystem. You can add it to the external data section:

2020-03-04_10-16-02.jpg

You need also to pay attention to set the correct runtime permissions of this service.

Now we can use this service to write the data to a widget text e.g. TEXT Input widget:

2020-03-04_13-21-29.jpg

We can filter the data in the text field with a  value filter definition:

return value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions;

This will return in my test example the following json object /string:

[{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"ACMEFieldSetLabelStyle","displayString":"STATE-1","defaultValue":"10","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeFoodsOrderInTransit","displayString":"STATE-2","defaultValue":"20","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeFoods.ButtonStyle","displayString":"STATE-3","defaultValue":"30","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeInvalidFieldStyle","displayString":"STATE-4","defaultValue":"40","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"DefaultTreeSelectedStyle","displayString":"STATE-5","defaultValue":"50","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeTractor.ButtonActiveStyle","displayString":"STATE-6","defaultValue":"60","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeTractor.ButtonStyle","displayString":"STATE-7","defaultValue":"70","name":"","description":""},{"comparator":"<","defaultStyleDefinition":"AcmeTractor.LineScheduleInventoryStyle","displayString":"STATE-8","defaultValue":"80","name":"","description":""},{"defaultStyleDefinition":"GreenState","displayString":"High","defaultValue":"","name":"High","description":""}]

Later I could try to filter only the desired data.

For example the following filter defintion:

var txt = "";
  txt = txt + "[index=" +index+"].displayString="+ value.displayString + ";"; 
};
//=======================
return (function(){ 
console.warn("inside filter function filterDef");
if(value == undefined)
return "undefined value";
else
    return "value[TestState1-100] is undefined";
    else {
var state100TXT=JSON.stringify(value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions);
console.warn(state100TXT)
var state100=value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions;
state100.forEach(myFunction);  
return txt;
		}
}());

This will write in the text property of the input Text widget only the names of the used states:

[index=0].displayString=STATE-1;[index=1].displayString=STATE-2;[index=2].displayString=STATE-3;[index=3].displayString=STATE-4;[index=4].displayString=STATE-5;[index=5].displayString=STATE-6;[index=6].displayString=STATE-7;[index=7].displayString=STATE-8;[index=8].displayString=High;

2020-03-04_12-28-10.jpg

You can use now the text property of this widget in your javaScript code

But it is also possible to write a direct JavaScript function. For example, the following code:

///////////////////////////////////////////
var myList = [];
  myList.push(value);
}
//=============
$scope.app.runMyTWXService = function() {
  	var TWXmodelID = 'PlatformSubsystem';
  	var serviceName = 'GetAllStateDefinitions';
  	var parameters = {'propertyName': 'Temp', 'maxItems': 10};  
  	//twx.app.fn.triggerDataService(TWXmodelID, serviceName, parameters);
//return  twx.app.fn.triggerDataService(TWXmodelID, serviceName, '{}');
return $scope.app.mdl[TWXmodelID].svc[serviceName].data;  
};

$scope.app.getListStates=function(){
var value= $scope.app.runMyTWXService();
 console.log("value in $scope.app.getListStates()"); 
 console.warn(value)
if(value == undefined) {
console.error( "undefined value");
  myList.push( "undefined value");
                      }
else
    {console.error("value[TestState1-100] is undefined");
     myList.push("value[TestState1-100] is undefined")
    }
    else {
     value["TestState1-100"].content.stateDefinitions.forEach(myFunction);  

}
  return myList;
}
$scope.app.MyTestButton= function() {
console.log( "$scope.app.getListStates()" )
console.warn( $scope.app.getListStates())
}

This is similar to the filter definition mentioned above. Here the function will write the stateNames of TestState1-100 to the javascript list myList. You can change this code to add all required filed  of the stated definition to your list.

Example when I tested it :

2020-03-04_13-04-43.jpg

I found there a mistake in the last displayed pictures.

The printings to the debugging console of the last picture is the first print of the test button function which is not so relevant- it contains all states Definitions. The more important print the state definition State1-100 is the same as shown in the picture above

Top Tags