cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

custom rights for different people in vuforia usage

krthk86g
12-Amethyst

custom rights for different people in vuforia usage

Hi, 

I have developed a solution in vuforia which covers three-segment people are end-user, sales, service and it works fine. the data and viewable screen should be relevant to user groups. can you brief here the procedure to implement the role-based usage? the role and user login may be from windchill / AD which is an added advantage.  

2 REPLIES 2
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:krthk86g)

Hello Gravel,

At first, in Vuforia Studio, it is possible to limit access to Experience with to ThingWorx users instead of a public Experience, accessible with a prompting.

It is also possible to connect Vuforia Experience Service/ThingWorx to an SSO environment.

It can be connected to Windchill with PTC Navigate also.

At second, I didn't find methods in Javascript API in Vuforia Studio, to check some data from LADP to check if an user is a group.

Also, when using an user defined in ThingWorx, I didn't find something about that.

I did something in the past, in an internal demo at PTC with an Experience with various users in groups.

In a Thing, in ThingWorx, I defined, a Service in Javascript, to know if an user is in a specific group.

In the Experience when calling this Service, I was able to display a specific View for a specific group.

By the way, when using this solution, I had one View for each various UI and a main View for all users.

This main View was the entry point of the Experience and to wait the result when calling the Service to know the group.

Today, from my personal knowledge, it seems the only solution.

Best regards,

Samuel

krthk86g
12-Amethyst
(To:sdidier)

superb, a good workaround for this solution. if you have the bandwidth to create one flow diagram for me understand better. 

Top Tags