cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how can i find the origin point of the coordinate system of my 3D model?

pyalu
4-Participant

how can i find the origin point of the coordinate system of my 3D model?

when i import a  pvz model into studio, i am always confused about the coordinate system. when i change the "X Rotation" to 90 °, the model turn pic1 to pic2.  i don't know where is the the origin of the coordinate system.  but when i drag the coordinate system show within the model and rotate the model , it works well and  behave as I expected( the origin point of the coordinate system is clear ).

微信图片_20170620180115.pngp1

微信截图_20170620180108.pngp2

another problem, when i binding the 'slider' value to "X Rotation" property of the model(pic3), the model will rotate not as i expected.

微信截图_20170620181915.pngp3

so how can i change the ​model's properties (locations) to the clear coordinate system within the model.

4 REPLIES 4
katte
1-Newbie
(To:pyalu)

Not sure I understand your usecase, but the coordinates are relative with the ThingMark location. Usually you can notice that the ThingMarks are always at (0,0,0) coordinate system. Moving the ThingMark will move the coordinate system in Experience View (i.e., only in ThingWorx View app).

pyalu
4-Participant
(To:katte)

yes giri, u r right.  But if i  rotate or zoom the model in View app with "slide widget", the model will rotate with an unknown coordinate system. I can't find the (0,0,0) point.  even i set x=0,y=0,z=0 in edit page in Studio. then in View, the model will also be rotated or zoomed abnormally.  how can i change the unknown spin center to the one i wanted. thanks a lot.

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:pyalu)

Can you please share your expected behavior when rotating around the X axis?

I get the behavior you described as well. It is because we are rotating 90° with the X axis being the "spin center". If you notice in your screenshots, the X axis is the red line with an arrow and when you rotate your model 90°, the model rotates around this line. The transform tool is color coded to represent each axis. You'll notice that there is a red arrow and a matching red arc that represents the X axis. By dragging the model using the red arrow, we can move the model along the X axis while moving the model using the red arc, the model will rotate around the x axis. 

pyalu
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

hi Tara , thanks for your shearing. I understand your description.  in twx studio edit page , we can rotate and translate by drag the 3 colored  arrows and arcs to make the model change as we expected.

but in TWX View app, If i want to rotate or zoom out the model, firstly i have to set up an “slide button” in 2D(pic1) and binding the widget ‘s value to the model in twx studio.

微信图片_20170621120222.png p1

At last, in View app ,when i change the slide button value to rotate or zoom the model, the model will rotate around the “unknown” coordinate system instead of the one showed in edit page of TWX studio.    As u said, the model is rotating  with the "spin center".  so where is the "spin center" exactly?   how can find the  pvz model's spin center?   this problem confuse me  for a very long time.

thanks again for your help.

Top Tags