cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

how to get frame per second up?

jxu2
9-Granite

how to get frame per second up?

Hi,

there is a 3D file with 14974 parts,based on which I created AR.But the frame per second is always 0.Currently I deleted some most parts and left 1817 parts.Though,sometimes,the frame per second is still below 16,which is unaccetable.Is there any suggestion for this kind of issue?Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:jxu2)

That is a lot of parts. What 3D file format are you using to start with and how big is that file?

have you tried using the "CAD Optimizer" when you add the 3D file, then using one of these lower fidelity models?

jxu2
9-Granite
(To:jmikesell)

first,I get creo .asm file (800Mb)and then I had it be optimized to 4.5Mb

based on 4.5Mb pvz with nearly 15000 parts,I create squence in Creo Illustrator and publish to ES.However,the frame per second was unaccepted.

finally,I delete most parts and there is still less than 2000 parts,sometimes,the frame per second is still very low.

besides,I tried with CAD optimizer,but the shape of the medium and lower fidelity models changed,so they couldn't be used.

According to my test,vuforia studio is more sensitive to amount of parts in model than the size.

Currently,I have to break a whole projet into 2 pieces and publish each separately to ES.Each of them could open the other ES within itself.

Hope to get your suggestion.thank you.

jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:jxu2)

Wow, I don't even have an assembly with that many parts in it to test this. But i would agree with you that it seems the part count and not the size or poly count is the problem. I have used models up to 80Mb and still achieved good frame rate, but they were only about a 100 parts.

I know this is not a great solution but could you merge/shrinkwrap some of the sub-assemblies into merge or facet parts and reduce the part count significantly?

Top Tags