cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how to get model information from windchill

leonardosella
12-Amethyst

how to get model information from windchill

Goodmorning everyone,
the setup of the AR experience I'm working on is based on a license that includes Thingworx, ptc navigate and windchill. All working and connected to Vuforia. 
I need to build an application that produces the following actions:
1. load a pvz model;
2. Once I have clicked on a component in the model, I must be able to trace the code of the clicked component

Regarding point 2 it is not clear to me how to interact with Thingworx, so as to go back to:
- production order
- assembly code
- part code

passing through Windchill.

Anyone have any ideas on how to setup the project in Thingworx?

1 REPLY 1

Hi @leonardosella ,

I think there is no direct option to access  the Windchill data e.g. REST API or windchill custom API directly from Vuforia because of CORS restriction . The only way I think is to use Thingworx get/ set service where you can delegate the tasks for getting or setting data of Windchill. This means from the Vuforia Studio  point of view  , I think , is only this option what we have. Therefore I believe it is better if you address your question additional to the IOT PTC community groups:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/bd-p/twxdevs

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Thingworx-Navigate/bd-p/thingworxnavigate

May be someone looking in Vuforia community has also the knowledge to answer the question how to setup a service for accessing windchill  but I believe it more probable  that such knowledge is available in the IOT community.

If we have the option to access windchill via rest API there is a extensions in TWX which could performs such call. May be exist some services as part the Navigate extension  which could be used for this task, but here I hope some expert on this area could provide more help

Top Tags