cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

open vuforia chalk with vuforia studio.

emmanuel001
11-Garnet

open vuforia chalk with vuforia studio.

it is possible to open vuforia chalk from vuforia studio? For example

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is! With the latest release of Studio 8.3.5, you can add a Chalk widget to your experience. This will enable end users of the experience to open Chalk from within View. The user must already have Chalk installed on their device. 

For more information about the Chalk widget, see the Studio help: http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2FWidgetChalk.html%23 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It is! With the latest release of Studio 8.3.5, you can add a Chalk widget to your experience. This will enable end users of the experience to open Chalk from within View. The user must already have Chalk installed on their device. 

For more information about the Chalk widget, see the Studio help: http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2FWidgetChalk.html%23 

Hi, thanks for the solution, and one question , is possible open other app for example whatsapp o other app?

Before the Chalk widget became available last week, you could use the URL vuforiachalk:// that would cause Chalk.  Se here for details.

A quick Google search tells me that WhatsApp can use the same schema: whatsapp:// and then you can add additional information to define what it will be doing: whatsapp://send?text=message

The main problem with the URL method is that it requires you to have the app installed for the URL to work.  My workaround was to have a button that gets clicked that will show a pop-up and in that pop-up you can put in any messages you want and then also include the URL to launch the app.  Here's what I have done:

chalk_popup.png

You could put a message in here to say they need to have the app installed.  The new Chalk widget takes care of all this.  

To make the URL look like a button, you can use CSS to format it.  See here for details.

thank you so muchSmiley Wink

Top Tags