cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

.stp model appearing as a cylinder

Andrea_sbsst
4-Participant

.stp model appearing as a cylinder

Hi all, 

I am trying to use a STEP file ("name.stp") in a Vuforia Studio project. I am using Vuforia Studio version 8.4.0.4300 and the file is a part of a machine.

The problem comes when I add a Model in my canvas and I try to add this resource: it appears as a simple cylinder.

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me to solve this problem.

Thank you very much for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Andrea_sbsst ,

I think there could be 2 things the problem. 

- some problem in the step files, some errors or incompatibility or

-the model size - to large

So I will try to import the step model to Creo Illustrate if this tool could display the step assembly  and publish it to pvz.

2019-04-17_14-51-59.gif2019-04-17_14-56-15.gif

2019-04-17_15-07-30.gif

So this will create a new pvz file. Is this file visible in the Creo view - if yes this should be also visible in studio- (I hope)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Andrea_sbsst

Are you able to share the step file so that we can take a look? If not, can you share a screenshot of the model in Studio as well as what it's supposed to look like? Are you getting any errors when importing the file? 

Thank you very much for your answer!
I am afraid I can't share the stp file, but I attach an image of how it looks now in studio:

The stp file looks similar to the following image:

On the other side, I am not getting any errors when I import the file.

Am I maybe seeing just a piece? Is any constraint in capacity?

Hi @Andrea_sbsst ,

I think there could be 2 things the problem. 

- some problem in the step files, some errors or incompatibility or

-the model size - to large

So I will try to import the step model to Creo Illustrate if this tool could display the step assembly  and publish it to pvz.

2019-04-17_14-51-59.gif2019-04-17_14-56-15.gif

2019-04-17_15-07-30.gif

So this will create a new pvz file. Is this file visible in the Creo view - if yes this should be also visible in studio- (I hope)

Hi Roland!

Thank you for your help. I already tried to open it with Creo and I got the same cylinder as well. On the other side, I could open it with Autocad viewer.

I guess it is too large...

Top Tags