cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can't up vote (kudos) your own idea anymore?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Can't up vote (kudos) your own idea anymore?

Looking at past ideas it looks like if you up voted an idea in the old Jive system it carried over but the new Lithium system won't let you give your own idea an up vote? Am I missing something or just don't it wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Chris3)

That is correct.  You cannot vote for your own post/idea.  You also can't downvote an idea.  You either upvote (give kudos) or you don't.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomU
23-Emerald IV

That is correct.  You cannot vote for your own post/idea.  You also can't downvote an idea.  You either upvote (give kudos) or you don't.

Tmetcalf
Emeritus
(To:TomU)

I have made the request within Lithium to:

1. Be able to vote for my own idea
  2. Get an automatic vote for submitting

Toby

How come clicking on Kudos counter makes it go DOWN now ?

If you've already "kudo-d" a post, when try to do it again, it removes the kudo.

Strange ... not very efficient.

I preferred the "old" counter who indicated (in green, I think) that you had voted-up.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I noticed that also. I guess that eliminates the "don't forget to vote for you own idea" problem with Jive ideas.

If you do give a kudo and want to remove it, you can do that. With Jive, once you voted, you couldn't remove your vote, you could only make it the opposite vote.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

But what if you think it is a bad idea. Now that is just the same as never having seen the post or ambivalence.

Hi @Dale_Rosema -

@StephenW is correct:

"If you do give a kudo and want to remove it, you can do that. With Jive, once you voted, you couldn't remove your vote, you could only make it the opposite vote."

The Lithium functionality is similar - if you like an idea, you can vote for it, if your mind changes, you can remove your vote.  If you believe it is a bad idea, please leave a comment with your suggestions.

Best,

Toby

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite

This isn't really solved, because it's still under request.

See @Tmetcalf's post below:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/Can-t-up-vote-kudos-your-own-idea-anymore/m-p/476600#M168

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dhermosillo)

I would say the original post is solved with respect to the current Lithium functionality. You can not vote on your own idea.

Toby had requested from Lithium that an enhancement (or fix) be made to add the automatic up vote for the original poster and/or to allow the original poster to add an up vote.

Since Toby is no longer with PTC, I don't know if Jaime Lee is pursuing this concept or not.

If you would like to add feedback for Jaime, you can do so at the link below which is the new area for community complaints/ideas/enhancements/fixes, whatever you want to call it.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Community-Feedback/How-to-Use-This-Community-Feedback-Board/m-p/485356#M1

Top Tags