cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Cut and paste expressions/equations and pictures

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Cut and paste expressions/equations and pictures

I see no way to cut and paste expressions/equations or pictures (screen-shots).

The method that is provided only allows to upload a picture file, then have it OK'ed by a moderator after which it can become visible for others.

That unacceptably slows down the possibility to react.

So please make cut and paste, directly via the windows clipboard, possible.

We've already been waiting too long to be able to cut and paste from Prime. Now it's finally there, and the most important use is destroyed by this forum migration.

Luc

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

I don't see the moderator problem (at least, I am not notified of it), but that's maybe because I have a fancy badge. I agree that cannot continue though, it will grossly slow down the Mathcad forums. I also see no reason for it.

As far as copy and paste into a post goes, I don't think that's possible in these Lithium forums. It didn't used to be possible into the Jive forums either, but they (eventually) fixed that. Lithium also needs to fix it.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RichardJ)

Hi Rich,

It's in the Help section of this forum:
Community > Help
Then under the section "Images (Version 2)"
And most notably the subsections:
- How do I insert an image in a post?
- My friends can't see the images I've uploaded. Where are they?

I suppose you can imagine that if it's this cumbersone to communicate efficiently (A picture paints a thousand words...), I didn't even bother to explore this route.

But I did try to paste a Prime expression directly into a post, and it failed.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

OK. I see. Regarding the moderation, I think the help is wrong in this case. It may be generic Lithium help that has yet to be adjusted for these forums. Any comments @Tmetcalf?

As far as pasting an image into a post goes, I can confirm that it is not currently possible. You have to go through the extra steps of saving to a temporary file and then uploading the image. A step backwards, to the early days of the Jive forums, I agree, but for now that's the way it is.

Richard,

Choosing files and uploading is how to add pictures and video.

I understand that is not ideal and will see about a direct copy and past.

Best,

Toby

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Tmetcalf)

I was actually asking about the help, which says pictures are moderated, and I don't think that's correct Smiley Happy

I'm curious about how many hours of sleep you have had since the migration Smiley LOL

Top Tags