Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indented comments

Amethyst

Indented comments

How do I see comments as indented?  In most of the Ideas and conversations, people reply within the coment to each other and indenting showed that flow.

Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Indented comments

I totally agree with @dhermosillo. I thought I'd reply to this post to demonstrate the effect.

Several replies to the original post would simply display in the order the were received.  

And reply to this reply will also be displayed under the original post without indenting.  I think it is easier to follow a train-of-thought if the replies are indented.

Tags (3)

@dhermosillo wrote:

How do I see comments as indented?  In most of the Ideas and conversations, people reply within the coment to each other and indenting showed that flow.

Fully agreed on and I would also like to be able to change the view from linear to intented and vice versa on the fly directly in a thread. In the former Jive forum we had to dig inte the depths of our peronal settings to change the view.

Nevertheless issues like this should be posted in Community Issues and the problem was already raised there once or twice

-> https://community.ptc.com/t5/community-Issues/Linear-view-versus-indented-view/td-p/475312/jump-to/f...

@werner_exinger I don't think the Community Issues forum existed when I originally posted this, and @Tmetcalf's message said specifically to post them here at that time: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/Greetings-and-Welcome/m-p/475170#M9

Perhaps an admin could move it to the correct location.

It seems confusing to have both a "How-To's" and a "Community Issues" area.  This question seems like it rightly belongs in the "How do I do something on the community" area.  Maybe @Tmetcalf can clarify...

@TomU Is correct, for questions and How-To's, please log them here

Best,

Toby

@TomU Is correct, for questions and How-To's, please log them here

Best,

Toby

Um, that's where this is at...

From a lithium community standpoint, it is possible to have indented comments.  Siemens NX is a lithium community and it is indented.

FYI, reply is to the orginal post...just for clarification.

seimens-community.jpg

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

@StephenWilliams Thanks for the find!

Like this? I added the link so I have something more exact for Lithium.

Thank you,

Toby