cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Inserting an image to drawing in Creo 4.0

ptc-290708
4-Participant

Inserting an image to drawing in Creo 4.0

Using the new import image in Creo 4.0 I can insert a jpeg image in my drawing and it looks great. The problem is when I check that drawing into PDM the jpeg file does not carry along with the drawing file so when another user opens the drawing they get an error saying the jpeg file can not be found and a black box shows up on the drawing where the jpeg image should be.

What am I missing?

8 REPLIES 8

That is not only utterly unhelpful but not even relevant to the question about drawings.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:JRingB)

It was probably originally in the MathCAD forum and was later moved here, which makes it very relevant and helpful. Only recently has there been a Drawing sub-section on the Lithium platform. 

VladamirN is primarily concerned with MathCAD, which you can see from his thousands of MathCAD posts.

I think he's helped quite a bit.

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:dschenken)

Is someone going to answer the original question?

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:wbottis)

There is presently no answer. The image data should be embedded in the drawing. Prior to Creo 4.0 PTC depended on external renderers for OLE images. but still put the data in the drawing file.

Please contact PTC tech support if you are having a problem with this.

Is there a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue with images showing up as black boxes after the drawing is saved.

ptc-290708
4-Participant
(To:RS1082)

Hi,

No resolution to this problem that I am aware of.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-290708)

There is some info in this post but I don't know if it's really a solution to your problem.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/How-do-I-insert-my-jpeg-flow-chart-into-my-drawing/td-p/406571?et=watches.email.thread#489123

Top Tags