cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PTC Community Rank FAQs

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

PTC Community Rank FAQs

A new PTC Community ranking system has landed on the PTC Community.

1. What are User Ranks?

User ranks are a fun gamification element of our PTC Community that incentivizes participation, rewards quality, and establishes reputation in the community. Every member of the community is assigned a rank based on their contributions and activity on the community.

1. What are the ranks on the PTC Community?

Community Level

Rank Name

Final

Rank Icon

Level 5 

25-Diamond  (Top) 

24-Ruby

23-Emerald

22-Sapphire

21-Topaz

Rank10.png

Level 4

20-Turquoise

19-Tanzanite

18-Opal

17-Peridot

16-Pearl

Rank8.png

Level 3 

15-Moonstone

14-Alexandrite

13-Aquamarine

12-Amethyst

11-Garnet

Rank6.png

Level 2 

10-Marble

9-Granite

8-Gravel

7-Bedrock

6-Contributor

Rank4.png

Level 1

5-Regular Member

4-Participant

3-Visitor

2-Guest

1-Newbie (Beginner)

Rank 2.png

1. Why gemstones?  Your PTC Community Management Team says why not? Sometimes we need to get our heads out of our analog counting, computers, devices, and computer aided drawing, and into the sand (Or, into gems--in this case). These gemstones are valued globally, and everyone has one (well a birthstone at least).  We know you are all hardworking, dedicated engineers and designers. We want the PTC Community to be a place where you can be a little more lighthearted.  We want you to really "dig in” from the foundation of your community profile---bedrock, gravel, granite, and priceless marble to our very first ranked gemstone stone- Amethyst.

Behind the scenes, some Community Champions and other select community members are having some discussions on the best way to position "ranking icons" (similar to the PTC Employee badge you see on the community today) to demonstrate where people are on their community  journey (i.e. 1 stone, 2 stone, 3 stone...etc.)  Be sure to keep your eye on Community Announcements.  We might be asking community members like YOU to vote on new rank icons.

In the meantime, just enjoy collecting stones by engaging on the community.  We appreciate all your valuable contributions!

1. How do I earn a new rank?

User ranks are awarded based on combinations of various types of user activity in the community. In short, the more you participate, the higher a rank you will reach!

1. What features are unlocked with each rank?

While we won't divulge all of the treasure chest of permissions waiting for you at each rank, I will give you a hint:

• As soon as you reach “Contributor” status, you have the ability to add a signature.  This is where you can get creative and share more about you!

• Other ranks allow you to post images and videos right away without moderation.

1. What are the criteria for each rank?

Sorry, criteria to move is top secret.  Just stay active on the community with posts, kudos, ideas, and you will see yourself move up in rank.

1. Where does my rank display?

Your rank will display on your Community Profile page.

2 REPLIES 2
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Update! Some community members behind the scenes have been long awaiting for rank icons,  Now they are here!  I updated the chart above.

There are two different rank speedometer icons per "Rank Level."   For example, when you start posting in the community you will have the beginner icon.

Rank1.png

Then, as you perform some community activities you will start to "rank up" and the needle on the speedometer will move to reflect your experience on the community.

Rank 2.png

Kudos to our community members that suggested this idea and helped choose our design!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Hi, Everyone,

I went ahead and updated the FAQ to match change in the rank icons that now (Effective 6-28) have numbers in front of our gemstone rank names!  Now you don't have to be a jeweler expert to know which gemstone is valued higher as climb the PTC Community rank ladder 🙂

Example below, @TomU was just Emerald II and now he is 23- Emerald II!

Log in often,  participate, engage (reply, kudo, and solve) and you can be Emerald like Tom some day too. 🙂

Jaime_Lee_1-1624929894288.png

Jaime_Lee_2-1624930625121.png

Top Tags