cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

To Help You Find and Follow Content

Tmetcalf
Emeritus

To Help You Find and Follow Content

Good day everyone,

I have deployed a new feature within each product area.  It will show you items by content type.

Please check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Best,

Toby

7-7-2017 4-20-31 PM.gif

12 REPLIES 12
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Tmetcalf)

I think this could be very helpful.  Thank you Toby.

Thank you @STEVEG I realize  we need to better classify and even move some content.

Toby

I guess those labels can replace the old subgroups effectively, so far I can see.

I see the size/space they use as problamatic, though - still more space wasted and more to scroll.

A much more decent condensed list or a popup would be preferred.

When the dust has sttled donw, all missing groups were back, all atachments in place, etc. in my opinion the Mathcad community should discuss if we still need that many labels (opposite to the wishes of the Creo community, I guess). Those sections stem from the old collab forum which was much easier and comfortable to navigate in and those sections really made sense in those times. Now with these more uncomfortable social media forum software like Jive and Lithium I think the way the forum is used has changed and we cannot change it back by stickking to our 15 subsections. A more flat hierarchy would suffice, I think. A "bug report" and "feature request" (available for all users, not only those under maintanance) section would make sense, but only if those sections would be taken care of by competent PTC personal. So I guess we will have to do without.

But as I said - first the more severe bugs in the forum have to fixed before we should go into a discussion here.

I think you need to deal with how we are going to sort the emails that come to us from the groups we subscribe to. If we look at a sample:

image001.jpg

I'd prefer something in the subject line that allows us to sort these into different email folders. 

I have an actual job I need to do and if I don't filter these out of my in box they interfere with my job.

I also want to sort by these labeled categories, because I can't subscribe to them. 

The previous system had the category in the subject line. Something in the subject line, or body of the email should allow us to slice and dice the incoming stream of emails the way we want. The more information you include the better. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I know email notification formating was on his fix list, so maybe that will improve, just waiting...I definitely agree that something in the email subject or from line is needed so we can use that to organize incoming emails.

Toby did get the label subscription worked out so you can subscribe to a label now, select the label and when it opens that screen, the subscription option is there.

Unfortunately on the Creo Modeling questions, at this point, there is only one label at this point that can used (modeling) when posting a question. Windchill has 3 label options to post to.

At this point, I don't think I would subcribe to any labels until the dust settles and @Tmetcalf gets the structure below each main category set and then labels below those. Once the decided upon structure gets put in to place, hopefully it will be easier and more obvious what to subscribe to.

He mentioned earlier today he was meeting with Lithium to hash out some of the issues.

SUBRIBE-LABELS.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II

This was the issues list (among other issues) that he was using to help users know that he is trying to make progress.

Known-Issues-List

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

"I definitely agree that something in the email subject or from line is needed so we can use that to organize incoming emails."

You mean what we all would like in the emails that come out from PDMLink?  Smiley Happy

TomU
23-Emerald IV

After piling up almost 1,000 emails in a single folder I decided I can't wait for @Tmetcalf to get around to fixing the email subject.  For now I have adjusted my email rules to use two conditions (AND):

• from "mailer@lithium.com"
  • with specific words in the body

For the specific words of each rule I chose to use the URL of each area. It was the only thing that seemed robust enough to use.  For example, in my "Creo" folder I have the rule looking for the URLs of "Additional Creo Questions", "Creo Ideas", and the "Creo Blog":

These URLs are visible at the top of each email message:

URL.png

I'm not getting this to work. Here's what my rule shows:

image001.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

System Admin is just a label applied to some of the messages collected under "Additional Creo Questions".  To separate just those you would need additional criteria for the label.  Unfortunately the label(s) does not currently appear anywhere in the email message, so I don't know of any way to filter based on them.  I've already let @Tmetcalf know that if labels are going to be used for organizational purposes, they must be visible everywhere, including in the email messages.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you subscribe to the label, which I subscribed to the drawing lable as a test, the email is more informative...at least a little. I'm still subscribed to the entire topic too, so I get dual emails.

label-email.jpg

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Interesting.  I want to receive all messages regardless of label (or the absence of one), so I'm subscribed to the root discussion boards, not the labels.  Hopefully they will get labels shown in ALL email messages, not just label subscriptions.

Top Tags