cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Move and modify a family table in Windchill 10.2

MichaelBerinde
4-Participant

Move and modify a family table in Windchill 10.2

(Working in PDM Windchill 10.2 M020)...I am trying to add some instances to a family table...The way I do it is that I move that generic part with all the instances from my librabry folders in a particular folder and from there I add/modify instances...

I was doing this way for a while and it worked for me.

Today, I have encountered this situation that I can't move this particular generic file with all instances because

(see snipped picture below):

Did anybody have similar issue before?

Thank you

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

If working in Windchill, there is no need to move any files, just download the generic to your workspace and when you check it out, the instances will come along. Open the generic in Creo and add your new instances. Be sure that you check out and back in all instances. word of caution with family tables, never delete an instance.

The message above indicates that someone else has that family table checked out for modification. Winedchill will only allow one person at a time to modify a file. The check out process 'locks' the file.

Hi BenLoosli,

Thank you..I was able to modify directly in the library...Today I was able to move that particular file with family tables in the folder from where I use to work on them...

By the way, when I have changed the library part directly in the library folder I had to do it as administrator because we have the Windchill set up that user cannot modify the library. As a result I had a warning saying that I will loose the workspace cache ...I have thaught that having the workspace uploaded I will be able to retrieve the files from the Workspace after...It wasn't the case...Do you know if there is any way to retrieve those files from the workspace or they are gone...

The reason you cannot se your 'old' workspace is that it is not owned by the administrator account, but your own account. The files are not lost, just 'isolated' so they can only be seen by the workspace owner. To get those files where your admin account can use them, you need to either check them back into the common space or export thyem to a disk folder. In either case, then open/import the files to your admin account workspace. Note: if you export, Windchill will think these are new files and give you fits when you try to check them back in.

I went back with my user name...I can see the workspace but the file are gone...I have checked on the server as well (throguh the browser) but the only files that have remained in the workspace are the ones that were saved in the common space ...The ones uploaded in the PDM server workspace are gone

Top Tags