cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can I follow the dollar rate with windchill?

OnurNalbantoglu
13-Aquamarine

Can I follow the dollar rate with windchill?

Hi,

When Turkish lira is entered in Windhill, I created an attribute that multiplies this value with this year's dollar rate.

However, the dollar rate is fixed at a different value each year. For example;

In 2021 I need to multiply this value by 11, in 2022 I need to multiply it by 17.64.

How do you think I can overcome this situation? yes, I may not be able to establish a dynamic structure, but do you think I should create a new attribute every year?

Note: attribute directly affects a form and its values ​​should not change. For this reason, it is impossible for me to regularly update the calculated attribute.

onur_0-1671192624916.png

6 REPLIES 6
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:OnurNalbantoglu)

Hello Onur,

in Windchill OOTB we have the currency exchange mechanism, it is done in file Windchill\codebase\wt\units\pureSymbol.properties  

there you can define the rate for currencies to dollar 

Fede
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Fadel)

Hi @Fadel 

That is true, but you need to change it each year, and there is no history, isn't it ?

PetrH

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HelesicPetr)

@HelesicPetr   yes, the rate need to be changed each year, still better than creating an deleting attribute and make changes in a downstream ERP system 

Fede
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Fadel)

Hi @Fadel 

Once a customer asked for a dynamic setting by the time.

The point is that if you change the rate, then all history calculation is changed based on the new value. 

From the customer view it was not acceptable for project planning and budget overview.

it would be nice to keep the settings in the file like

2020.DOLLAR/LIRA = 17.5

2021.DOLLAR/LIRA = 17.9

2022.DOLLAR/LIRA = 17.1

I know idea could be created for that 😄 

PetrH  

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HelesicPetr)

@HelesicPetr I got your point 😉 

Fede

Cost is such a complex concept. We don't allow any cost data in our Windchill. It is only in our ERP program (SAP). 

Top Tags