cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Deleting an organization

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member

Deleting an organization

I had created a new organization to test some random stuff, but now no longer need it. Is there an easy way to delete it? Thanks. Windchill Version 12.1.2.0

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @VH_10947268 

Currently unable to achieve...

I have deleted 100s of Organizations using API.

I needed to come up with a way to delete organizations while testing SUMA implementation.

In short, I needed a reset/delete button for trial runs. All worked just fine.

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:d_graham)

So how were you able to do it using the API?

There is no delete organization API.

I just deleted from the bottom up using generic delete API until there is nothing referencing the org. Then I delete the org.

The trick is understanding the dB well enough that you know the order in which to delete.

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member
(To:d_graham)

I see. What things and in what order do I need to delete things in order to achieve that then?

@VH_10947268 

I mostly just show that things can be done on this site. I don’t give away code. Too many people have, in the past, used code I supplied for commercial use. Therefore, I no longer give code away.

If this is something you really need and you need my help, send me a private message with your work email and I’ll get back to you.

I am very interested in learning about your code😎

Top Tags