cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Email Notification Templates - Are methods supposed to be in comments?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Email Notification Templates - Are methods supposed to be in comments?

I am attempting to create my own custom workflow email notification template and I'm confused about the right way to use methods for dynamic text inside the template.  In the help documentation it show the methods inside (what I think are) comments.  For example:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill>

<!--  getPrimaryBusinessObjectName  -->

</SCRIPT>

However looking in the existing email templates I'm seeing a mix.  Some items are inside comments and others are not.

Activity Description: <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill> <!-- activityDescriptionPlain --> </SCRIPT>

Business Object: <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill> <!-- primaryBusinessObjectLinkPlain --> </SCRIPT>

Go to Process Manager: <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill> getProcessManagerURLPlain </SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT language=Windchill>getLocalizedMessage resourceKey=SUB_OBJ resourceClass=wt.workflow.work.workResource</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill> <!-- primaryBusinessObjectLink --> </SCRIPT>

What is the right way?  How do I know if something is supposed to be inside a comment block or not?  Does it even matter?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
olivierfresse
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

You're having a journey to the past 🙂

This is the first mechanism to do dynamic HTML in Windchill, before JSP and others.

Each HTML file is associated to a java class in a propertiy file, like :

wt.services/rsc/default/wt.templateutil.DefaultHTMLTemplate/CONTAINERMOVE/java.lang.Object/0=templates.htmlcomp.wizard.WizardExt

wt.services/svc/default/wt.enterprise.TemplateProcessor/CONTAINERMOVE/java.lang.Object/0=wt.dataops.containermove.processors.MoveWizardTemplateProcessor/duplicate

The file codebase/templates/htmlcomp/wizard/WizardExt.html is associated to wt.dataops.containermove.processors.MoveWizardTemplateProcessor

A comment embedded in the tag script with the langage Windchill is processed, an a static method is called on the processor class:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Windchill>

<!--  getPrimaryBusinessObjectName  -->

</SCRIPT>

These methods have a signature like this one :

public void displayAssociatedOCE(Properties parameters, Locale locale, OutputStream os)

throws WTException {

PrintWriter out = getPrintWriter(os, locale);

}

And the printwriter is used to create HTML

It can be compared to a tool like The Apache Velocity Project

Top Tags