cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to Deny Download additional files of rappresentation

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

How to Deny Download additional files of rappresentation

Is it possible in Windchill to prevent the download of additional files pdf, dxf, dwg (see image 2.png) of a representation?
I found in the support an article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs49421 which reports to the policy on the derived image object.
If I apply it and deny the download, the representation is no longer displayed and I cannot open it with creo view.(see image 1.png) 
What other ways are there?

Ty,

Matteo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Matteo_1987 , hi

This is doable but not OOTB.

I created a group that for users that should be prevented from doing the download of a representation's .pdf and .dxf Additional Files.

I then wrote and registers a listener that detects when an Additional File is being downloaded from a representation.

If the file being downloaded is a .pdf or .dxf and the user doing the download is a member of the restricted group the download is prevented by throwing an exception.

Works well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You should be able to grant READ but not DOWNLOAD - separate ACLs - for this object type.

Sorry, but I did not understand.
if I put the reading policy it is not good because I have the permission to visualize but I can still download the dxf file.
I need to prevent the download of the additional file that is created with the representation,

I tried to allow reading and deny the download but the result is that I don't see anything anymore

I stand corrected on this - just tested.

Permissions on the Derived Image object apply for the published viewable.  Users need to be able to download the viewable to view in Creo View.

To deny download for attached files (regardless of how the files got there), Deny Download for the EPMDocument (could apply to a subtype of EPMDocument such as CAD Doc).

Hopefully the users who you are needing to deny for this are not CAD users.

MikeLockwood_0-1665783011667.png

@Matteo_1987 , hi

This is doable but not OOTB.

I created a group that for users that should be prevented from doing the download of a representation's .pdf and .dxf Additional Files.

I then wrote and registers a listener that detects when an Additional File is being downloaded from a representation.

If the file being downloaded is a .pdf or .dxf and the user doing the download is a member of the restricted group the download is prevented by throwing an exception.

Works well.

Top Tags