cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to bring BOM table in 3D Model similar to 2D Drawing.? Table Format available

HK_8735192
4-Participant

How to bring BOM table in 3D Model similar to 2D Drawing.? Table Format available

Hi, I have seen lots of improvement on MBD to show dimensions in 3D model. Similarly BOM table can be able to show using .tbl file and take print for quotation purpose. 

Looking to avoid 2D drawing just to create the BOM table.

3 REPLIES 3
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:HK_8735192)

Not that I can tell. This tells the story: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS175611?source=search

Seems still slated for a future release. We still create BOM tables but they are not shown (layered off) since we use the PLM system to official capture the BOM.

I'm still wondering if there are any alternatives available. After implementation of MBD it saves lots of time. Can you please help me to tag ptc support.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:HK_8735192)

PTC is listening here and you can always use the ideas section if you have a new solution or want to up vote a previous one like the ones listed in the article. Stepping back, your goal was to create a BOM table in MDB. This means you have an assembly already. Those components assumingly would have attributes associated with them, so all the data is already present that could be rendered in a BOM table. As the receiver of this MDB data, couldn't I use various tools to render that same information? Model tree? BOM Report? I think we get stuck on replicating everything we used to do on a drawing but in this case, is that bit necessary? The resulting table is for human consumption, visually. They might need it to extract for systematic processing.

Top Tags