cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to use alias attribut in drawing / part?

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

How to use alias attribut in drawing / part?

Hi there,

I want to display a "released by" information on my drawing.

I created an alias attribute with this mapping:

roleBObject@wt.maturity.PromotionTarget~roleAObject^wt.maturity.PromotionNotice~primaryBusinessObject@wt.workflow.work.WorkItem~theWorkItemReference@wt.workflow.engine.WfVotingEventAudit~userRef^wt.org.WTPrincipal~name=name@wt.org.WTUser~fullName

The attribute works great so far and lists all User's Full Names, which were involved in the process.

Mat_0-1670510581637.png

The attribute should be shown as parameter "released_by_alias".

But in Creo no such parameter is listed.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Mat)

Adding to what @HelesicPetr wrote, see this from CS248702:

TomU_0-1671047006283.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
joe_morton
17-Peridot

I think you would need to add this as a new attribute in Creo, and probably make it part of your template files. You should also mark it as "designated".

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Mat 

It does not work that way as you think.

Calculated attribute is not populated to the drawing/model in creo automatically. It is not IBA attribute.

The calculated attribute value is processed when it is shown on Windchill page.

So in the Windchill it works perfectly everyone can see it but if you need it inside of drawing, you need normal IBA attribute and designated attribute in the creo drawing. 

Also you need some code to propagate the value from workflow to the drawing without checkout/in. after that the drawing revisualization is needed . 

Hope this information can help you.

PetrH

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Adding to what @HelesicPetr wrote, see this from CS248702:

TomU_0-1671047006283.png

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

@TomU  and @HelesicPetr , Thanks for Your answers.

@PTC: why, just why can't You provide this information like lifecycle state ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE ), Version  ( PTC_WM_VERSION ) or "modified by" ( PTC_WM_MODIFIED_BY )?

To me, it is another basic feature missing in this overpriced software suite.

But thanks god, that there is now an IOT interface.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

@Mat 

Because workaround exists and nice to have ideas are not enough interesting for business. 

You can use java code to populate attribute values as you need from workflow,

or there is an another way to use com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.proesrv.c11n.DefaultModeledAttributesDelegate

More info you can find in Windchill Customization Guide: section Customizing the Parameters in the Download Service  cs18803

PetrH 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@Mat,

We add released information to our drawings by watermarking the PDFs:

TomU_0-1671112568931.png

This can be done during publishing using something like LinkAccess Trigger from Fishbowl Solutions, or on-the-fly with something like the PDF Quick Access Starter from Wincom.

Top Tags