cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PTC Common Name

mszwabowski
13-Aquamarine

PTC Common Name

I'm using a restricted parameters list that creates a pull-down menu for a DESCRIPTION parameter in a start part in Windchill PDMLink 10.2.  The user selects the appropriate item from the list and the DESCRIPTION parameter gets populated.  I successfully created a relation that also populates the PTC Common Name.

If the user saves the file, the PTC Common Name gets populated.  If the user selects a different item from the pull-down menu and saves the file, the PTC Common Name changes accordingly.  However, if the user tries to select a different option from the pull-down menu after the file has been Saved & Uploaded, the following message appears:

Some relations are no longer satisfied in *filename* for PTC_COMMON_NAME

Is there a way to set the PTC_COMMON_NAME back to being blank after a file has been Saved & Uploaded in Windchill?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mszwabowski)

Nope.  PTC Common Name is a non-versioned Windchill attribute ("Name").  That means that every single version of that model will share the same common name.  Think of this like "file name" or "number".  These three attributes are shared across all versions of the same model and, once set, cannot be changed from Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mszwabowski)

Nope.  PTC Common Name is a non-versioned Windchill attribute ("Name").  That means that every single version of that model will share the same common name.  Think of this like "file name" or "number".  These three attributes are shared across all versions of the same model and, once set, cannot be changed from Creo.

mszwabowski
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Thank you for letting me know.  I figured as much after I couldn't get it to work but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.  I'll just have to find another way to standardize the common name.

Top Tags