cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

WT Part for service document

SG_10195899
4-Participant

WT Part for service document

I am creating service document library using Windchill classification explorer based on the attribute type & values. Our service documents are stored in MSword & PDF files and i believe it is unable to create classification explorer library using document attributes. 

To avoid this issue i have created WT Part with same document attributes (Service doc is attached to related objects) and created classification library.

Is that correct approach? Do we have any other way to create library in Windchill? Can we create WT part for document objects, till now i have created only for CAD files, share your knowledge on this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can directly classify WTDocuments and this is likely the approach that you will want to use.

See for example CS309693 or Help at https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.0.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCClassAdminClassifyParts.html%23

The key is to assign the separate classification created for these documents to the WTDocument (or subtype of) object type, rather than a classification created for any type of WTPart.

Will need a separate classification binding attribute, namespace, classification structure.

Takes a bit to set up but works perfectly  🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can directly classify WTDocuments and this is likely the approach that you will want to use.

See for example CS309693 or Help at https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.0.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCClassAdminClassifyParts.html%23

The key is to assign the separate classification created for these documents to the WTDocument (or subtype of) object type, rather than a classification created for any type of WTPart.

Will need a separate classification binding attribute, namespace, classification structure.

Takes a bit to set up but works perfectly  🙂

Thank you Mike. i Can able to create document library.😇

Appreciates your response.

Announcements

Top Tags