cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Enhancements to Working with Document Structures?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Enhancements to Working with Document Structures?

I used to get the occasional question about whether or not documents could be merged in a structure, if you could create a PDF for the entire document set and other capabilities for document structures. I've not received any in a long time and a customer request in technical support inspired me to take a peek at the Idea list for Document Management. While looking through the list, I did not see many document structure ideas and I'm curious if there's ideas that have just not made it to the community for consideration.

I did find Document Structure Tab has no export/report option which is a very applicable request. PTC should be maintaining parity between the Part structure browser and the Document structure browser and hopefully this request will get picked up soon.

Does anyone have other ideas or suggestions for capabilities in the Document Structure Browser?

1 REPLY 1
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:sm)

We've had an interest in outputting that combined document, or even an Index output based on the document structure contents.

I think we've started heading down the custom route to achieve similar results.

I'm not sure if document structure shows up in packages the same as product and model structure do, but that could also be another interesting improvement.

Top Tags