cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

This is for all DTI users. Does anyone receive messages relating to user buffers?

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite

This is for all DTI users. Does anyone receive messages relating to user buffers?

I feel like we are alone with this issue, and it is quite frustrating.

We rolled out Windchill 10.2 F000 in March of 2014. We have ProjectLink & PDMLink. Our server is offsite, hosted on the cloud.

We have some document templates that have attributes mapped. In some cases, quite a few, ~100.

Our users receive this message frequently when working with these documents and the DTI;

"The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation. dtiCommandComplete"

We have opened a few calls with TS, but this issue is not easy to replicate on a consistent basis. There does not seem to be a pattern we can find.

We suspected our proxy server was causing the traffic to be blocked, but we completely bypass the proxy server for this URL.

We have also upgraded to 10.2 M020, but the issue remains.

We have been living with this issue, but it's getting bad. Our management does not understand why we cannot get this feature to work properly. They state that it was a major selling point, and why would we continue to use this if it doesn't work as advertised.

5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:tgudobba)

Tim, PTC TS should be able to break this down for you as long as they understand the details of your cloud deployment and application and network configuration. They'll also need to know what type of documents, how many attributes you have on them and which ones are used in the content of the document. I always like to try and tackle these problems with the lowest common denominator rather than everything at once.

Is it safe to assume PTC TS has given you all the information to collect the required server and application log files? They usually start there and share them with the R&D team to see if there is a pattern or recognizable error to help debug the issue. The nice thing is the collection of log files helps them see what is happening in Office, Windchill, DTI and HTTP traffic all at the same time.

To collect the log files, I like to close everything, remove all the existing log files and start a new session to try and reproduce the issue. As soon as the error occurs, create copies of all the log files, put them in a folder and zip them up. If multiple events need to occur to reproduce, just make a note of the time it occurs and document that with the log files. It will make it easier and more efficient for the development team to diagnose.

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite
(To:sm)

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I will readdress this with TS.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Has PTC TS identified the following Articles? The second one is an SPR identified as an Enhancement for an HTTPS configuration.

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite
(To:sm)

Yes they have. I believe the SPR is a result of a previous exchange with TS.

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite

I should say a previous exchange we had with TS.

Top Tags