cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to configure a table view so that becomes the default view for all users

Ability to configure a table view so that becomes the default view for all users

As a Windchill administrator I would like to force all users to see the same folder view.

For example, we have a 'Documents' folder, where all Product documents are held, I would like to expose an IBA within the default folder view for all users.

This is not posible in 9.1 or 10.0 or 10.1.

3 Comments
MatthewKnight
4-Participant

It looks like you can change the "active" view for any users that currently have an active view.  I'm not sure about changing the default for any users that don't currently have an active view.

String tableID = "change_listChangeRequests";

TableViewDescriptor newTVD = getTheView();

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec(ActiveViewLink.class);

qs.appendWhere(new SearchCondition(ActiveViewLink.class,ActiveViewLink.TABLE_ID,SearchCondition.EQUAL,tableID),new int[]{0});

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.find((StatementSpec)qs);

while(qr.hasMoreElements()) {

ActiveViewLink avl = (ActiveViewLink)qr.nextElement();

avl.setActiveView(newTVD);

//save(avl)

}

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

I would also like the see the ability to set folder views depending on document type housed in that folder.  We have many folders that only have one document type within them and a specific view setup for that doc. The problem is that the user must change the view to leverage the columns and info displayed for each doc.  Sometimes a user will see nothing in a folder and forget they need to change the view.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged