cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to display customized icons defined for WTPart soft types in the UWGM embedded browser

Ability to display customized icons defined for WTPart soft types in the UWGM embedded browser

Whatever the icons set on WTPart soft types, the uwgm always display the grey one in the WS view.

7 Comments
Alexandrite

We are certainly aware of this issue and it is something we have in our backlog and hope to address in a future release.  In the meantime if understanding the part type is critical while working in the context of the workspace I would suggest adding the "Object Type" column to your workspace display.  This will display the name of the soft type.

Pearl

Is this problem not solved in Windchill 11? The roadmap shows at least, that you can choose the WTPart subtype by associate the CAD Document. So I'm hopping the workspace will also show the correct icons.

Alexandrite

Unfortunately these are two entirely separate projects and one doesn't resolve the other.  In Windchill 11.0 you will have the ability to select the WTPart subtype during association from the workspace.  However, this does not address the icon display issue that this Idea is requesting to be addressed.  I'll keep you posted when we have made some progress in our plans for addressing this specific issue.

Alexandrite

Our current intention is to address this WTPart soft type display issue as part of Windchill 11.0 M030.

Great ! Will the icon management for EPMDocument (as all other objects like WTPart and WTDoc) be included in this enhancement ?

Alexandrite

No.  Unfortunately, this fix is strictly to address WTPart soft types..

Community Manager
Status changed to: Current Functionality