1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Aviation/Aerospace Engineering. We support a web-centric environment that consists of multiple services which are used for: sharing, collaborating, integrating, accessing and controlling management information and product data.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 11.2.1.x moving to 12.0.x
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
In Windchill there should exists cascading attribute rule support for the Change Task object type. As of Windchill 12.0, theCascadingAttributes tab is available only on the following types:
• Part, Document, Change Notice, Change Request, Problem Report, Promotion Request and Variance, and their subtypes.
• QMS object types such as CAPA Request, Nonconformance, Customer Experience, CAPA Investigation, Nonconformance Investigation and customer Experience Product Investigation.
• Types unique to PTC Windchill FlexPLM.
This in turn limits us from using attributes to drive and determine necessary values applicable to the Change Task type.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Our organization simply has a need to define rules on the Change Task object type that will cause values selected for one attribute to determine available values for another attribute. We define rules for many other types (i.e. documents, parts, and other change mgmt types, etc.) on behalf of our users. The Change Task type is the one outlier that breaks our business process.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? See above#4. Adding cascading attribute support for Change Tasks would allow us to continue supporting our organization's business and configuration management needs in a consistent method.