Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Global Support to all Profile Options that apply to Search Results

Add Global Support to all Profile Options that apply to Search Results

Please add global support to all profile options that apply to actions visible from search results.

For example, the new change objects actions can be turned off for products and libraries, and these work great, but they have no impact when searching for objects located in the same places:

Change Objects Global Profile.png

Even with everything unchecked, these actions are still visible from the search results:

New Change Objects.png

There are many more examples that could be given, but the basic request is to give profiles the same level of control over search result actions as it has over products, libraries, projects, and programs.

2 Comments
Level 4

You can update codebase\roleaccessprefs.xml file and add actions which you want to remove from global tag so that you will get checkbox to enable or disable action for action’s in global.

PROFILE.png

Thanks

Shreyas  

Level 18

@shatre,

If I'm understanding this process correctly, I have to take sections from <library>, <product>, etc. and copy them to <global>, and then strip all the attributes off except 'name', 'order', and 'defaultALL'.  Is this correct?

<library labelId="libraryLabel">
  <uic name="CREATE_PROBLEMREPORT" order="480" enabled="true" defaultAll="true" defaultManager="true" ...
<uic name="CREATE_CHANGEREQUEST" order="490" enabled="true" defaultAll="true" defaultManager="true" ...
<uic name="CREATE_CHANGENOTICE" order="500" enabled="true" defaultAll="true" defaultManager="true" ...
<uic name="CREATE_VARIANCE" order="510" enabled="true" defaultAll="true" defaultManager="true" ...
<global labelId="globalLabel"> <uic name="CREATE_PROBLEMREPORT" order="480" defaultAll="true"/> <uic name="CREATE_CHANGEREQUEST" order="490" defaultAll="true"/> <uic name="CREATE_CHANGENOTICE" order="500" defaultAll="true"/> <uic name="CREATE_VARIANCE" order="510" defaultAll="true"/>

If so, how do I handle conflicts with 'order'?  Is is okay if two different things have the same value for 'order'?  If not, is there any problem with changing these values?

<uic name="globalHelp" order="480" defaultAll="true"/>
  <uic name="CONFIGURATION_SELECTION" order="490" defaultAll="true"/>
  <uic name="CREATE_PROBLEMREPORT" order="480" defaultAll="true"/>
  <uic name="CREATE_CHANGEREQUEST" order="490" defaultAll="true"/>

Also, what can I do when there doesn't seem to be an entry for certain actions.  Can these be manually added?

Thanks!