Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Level Column to Structure View

Add Level Column to Structure View

As of Windchill 11, there is still no Level column in the Structure view.

This means that all BOMs exported from Windchill will be flat, with no assembly level indication.

For large/complex BOM's this renders the Windchill structure export function useless since it would be so time consuming to indent the BOM after export.

PTC please add this basic functionality to the Structure view functionality.

Reference:

Is it possible to show the BOM Level column on Part structure page in Windchill PDMLink

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS269478

Query Builder Report to get the bill of material (BOM) report for latest iteration of latest version in Windchill PDMLink

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS20698

To export the product structure with levels, use the Reports > Multilevel Reports. In the pop-up window, click on the table-looking icon all the way on the right side and select Manage Structure Views. Set up the columns you want and Ok. Then click Actions and export the file type you want.

2 Comments
Peridot

Both the Multi-Level BOM report (HTML) and Importable Excel Spreadsheet deliver the structure level.  The Multi-level BOM report supports output to text, csv, Excel, PDF, HTML, etc.

Are you doing an Export List to file directly from the Tree?

Amethyst

@JeffZemsky Yes, I was trying to export directly from the tree.

I've since figured out how to set up a structure view in the Reports utility, but like most things in Windchill, it's not intuitive at all.

Throughout all of the back and forth I had with PTC support, not once did they mention that the Reports utility was the preferred way of accomplishing what I wanted to do.  So I got stuck on the tree as the only way to do it.

For others who want to export the product structure with levels, use the Reports > Multilevel Reports.

In the pop-up window, click on the table-looking icon all the way on the right side and select Manage Structure Views.

Set up the columns you want and Ok.

Then click Actions and export the file type you want.

The Reports function doesn't reuse the views you've already set up in the tree view, so you have to recreate them.