cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Add To Workspace Collector - Sort By "Collection Rule" Column

Add To Workspace Collector - Sort By "Collection Rule" Column

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

Industry: OEM Food Production Equipment

Role: Mechanical Engineer

Stakeholders: Customers, Management, Manufacturing

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
11.1 M020-CPO24

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

ME_CADADMIN_0-1666888368323.png

Add the ability to sort by the "Collection Rule" column in the Add To Workspace Collector. I almost always want to Check-Out all of the objects I am Initially Selecting when adding them to a workspace. When large assemblies are being added, there are many objects in the window and the Initially Selected objects are spread out. If I could sort by Collection Rule column I could easily select the files right away for check-out. You can sort by Featured Object Status once in the Workspace to achieve this, but I don't understand why we cant sort the Collection Rule column alphabetically. 

4. What is the use case for your organization?

Use case is daily normal work relating to changing engineering objects. Anytime objects are added to workspace with intention to change them. 

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
less clicks, more efficient workflow, saves time and money.

1 Comment
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @ME_CADADMIN for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.