cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ability to import table view to specific branch of Classification search results

Add ability to import table view to specific branch of Classification search results

There is no way I can find to export and import a table view from one classification node's search result to another classification node's search results. As a work-around, they can be created manually at each branch, but this can be tedious if you have a large classification or the need for multiple, different table views. 

As we add more sub-types of parts, it would be nice to share common table views without creating and managing them all manually and individually. 

1 Comment
BartLefevere
6-Contributor

There is a loader for classification views:

<!DOCTYPE TableViewDescriptor SYSTEM "standard11_1.dtd">
<TableViewDescriptor>
<ObjectID><localId>com.ptc.core.htmlcomp.tableview.TableViewDescriptor:000001</localId></ObjectID>
<name>Nuts_1</name>
<tableID>wt.part.WTPart.defaultSearchView~DYNAMIC~WCTYPE|wt.part.WTPart|local.icarus.Article~IBA|SVC_CLASSIFICATION_1*NUTS</tableID>

(SVC_CLASSIFICATION_1 is the binding attribute, NUTS is the internal name of the classification node)

I have generated the loaders from Excel, for a classification structure of about 500 nodes. On each node I replaced the Default Part View, so the user does not have to select the view at each node.