Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add an ACL to allow a team role to re-assign assignments

Add an ACL to allow a team role to re-assign assignments

Via a support call to PTC, I was informed that the 'The permission for Reassign task/ Work item is hardcoded in WorkItemAdminActionsValidator.java. This action is only allowed for owners and Admins. There is no way to achieve this from Policy Administrator.'

Per my company's business practice, I want the people assigned to roles ‘Change Manager’ and ‘Team Leader’ to be able to reassign assignments. I don’t want to give the users in these roles to administrator privileges. It also is redundent to assign the users to descrete roles and to the 'Product Manager' role.

The abitlty to re-assign is basic functionality and the permission should be controlled via the ACL.

Thanks! Kathy

29 Comments
Durga
12-Amethyst

@LG_10096154 could you share the process

RME_DH
11-Garnet

I also would like to learn more about your process @LG_10096154  if you could share some more info if you can, that would be great  thankyou

JR_9808592
4-Participant

Hey all, Stumbled upon this.  

So, you can kind of accomplish this, but it's not quite using the "reassign task" menu and functionality.  But at least it's not customization.

Give the desired role the permission to edit team type via the ACL in the below article.  This allows the role to modify the members table on objects.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs336260

In the members table is a replace icon next to the users in a role.  If you replace the user on the objects team, any open tasks for that user will go to the user with which they were replaced.  

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: No Plans to Implement

Thank you for the idea, the comments and votes. Your idea is interesting and we certainly see the benefit in having more granularity in the system to support the configuration of roles & responsibilities across users in the system, such as your example of being able to reassign tasks.. However, given the team’s strategic priorities at this time, we are unlikely to prioritize the implementation in the next development cycles. Should this change, we will bring this idea back.