cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Add objects to workspace from promotion request page

Add objects to workspace from promotion request page

Currently adding all objects present in 'Promotion Objects' table on 'Promotion Request' page is not possible. So if there are multiple documents present in one promotion request having no relationship between them, it require selection of individual parts for 'Add to workspace' action. If we can have 'Add to Workspace' action available on 'Promotion Objects' table then that will be helpful.

9 Comments
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

There seem to be a few items in this idea - let me address them

1. With Promotion Request you can add based upon Initially selected, Collected, Copy/Paste as well as Search and Add.  There is no limitation in adding unrelated data to Promotion Request
  2. With Windchill 11.0 F000 support was added to create a Promotion Request during check-in using the items on the Check-In as the Initially selected (seed) data
  3. Add to Workspace action is supported on the Promotion Objects Tablepr-atws.png
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Why do you ant to 'add to workspace' an object that is being placed Under Review for Promotion? I want my users to remove items from their workspaces when they promote them so they do not make changes accidentally.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The person responsible for approval will often want to review the objects in Creo which requires adding them to a workspace.

ndiwalkar
3-Visitor

Jeffrey Zemsky

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we can add multiple objects in promotion request which are not having any relationship, but if we want to add such objects from promotion request, then we do not any option. Adding 'Add to Workspace' option in 'Promotion Objects' table will help in such case.

ndiwalkar
3-Visitor

Ben Loosli

We need this option in case promotion request approver request change in promotion objects

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Any changes made by the promotion approver will result in a new iteration of the model and that will not be the one that is in the promotion request.

In our case, we do all approvals using Creo View for the drawing and assembly structure of the WTpart. The approvers do not usually know enough about Creo modeling to open the model and see if something is wrong. When I approve models, I do occasionally open the Creo model, if I suspect something I see on the drawing is not modeled properly. If one of the approvers, we require 2, rejects the promotion request, it is sent back to the designer to fix and then resubmit.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
BenLoosli wrote:

Any changes made by the promotion approver will result in a new iteration of the model and that will not be the one that is in the promotion request.

This is not the case, at least not in Windchill 11.0 M030.  The promotion request will automatically update the promotion objects to the latest iterations after going through a rework look.  The method used to do this is:  com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.maturity.PromotionNoticeWorkflowHelper.refresh(pn)

Being able to quickly add the promotion objects to a workspace in order to rework them would be very helpful.  Adding them one by one is very slow, especially when dealing with a large number of files.

RubenPas
9-Granite

Hi all, I would love to see that Add to Workspace button in my Promotion Request.

This is what I do now:

I made a advanced search query for that.

Type=EPM Document

criteria:

STATE=Under review

and

created by=JohnDoe  OR  Modified by=John Doe

Works fine for us.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.