cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Add possibility to get PTC_WM_PART_NAME and PTC_WM_PART_NUMBER to epm documents for use in CAD

Add possibility to get PTC_WM_PART_NAME and PTC_WM_PART_NUMBER to epm documents for use in CAD

We really need to use the parameters

PTC_WM_PART_NUMBER and

PTC_WM_PART_NAME

in our Creo Parametric CAD models in order to show the reference of the parts they belong to!

This would be highly useful and also productive from a data management point of view since it would decrease the possibilities of confusion for non-advanced users etc. but also decrease the workhours required to verify if the numbers we display on the drawings are correct...

There seems to be much demand for this as shown per

http://communities.ptc.com/message/181114

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS18803

and others....

A rough guide to do this is even included in the Windchill Customization Guide or the Guide Using Creo with Windchill.

And last but not least the names of these parameters can be set by the Windchill preferences

Part Name System Attribute and

Part Number System Attribute .

As we see in https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS99481 this is already possible if you are using Creo Elements/Direct!

Dear PTC, please add the possibility to get these parameters working into Creo Parametric without costly customizing !

greetings

8 Comments
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

Hello

It is also OOTB for Catia V5 workgroupmanager if I remember ....

we implement the custo as specified in Custo Guide.  Even if I prefer that PTC implement my idea for watermarking enhancement.

Cause the WTPart is the central object in Windchill Data Model. And duplicate information between objects can lead to complicated use case ...

And since 10.1M030, we can associate multi owner WTPart to one CADDocument.... so from which one synch the attributes ... (both ...)

regards

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Under Consideration

arne_vn
6-Contributor

Still open, and very much wanted.

We resolve this now with customisation.

For solidworks, PTC_WM_PART_NUMBER is pushed by default in the properties of the CAD doc. Hard to explain this...

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: Implementation In Progress

Projects to support this request is currently in development for Creo 6 and will require Windchill 11.1 M020 or higher as there is a dependency on a preference setting to configure which system attributes to pass.

JoshuaHouser
16-Pearl

So Creo 6 is in Production, but I haven't seen any decent documentation on the usage or requirements. Am I missing something? Specifically interested in the item where @SteveShaw mentions it will require WC 11.1 M020 or higher.

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone

@JoshuaHouser this new capability in Creo 6 is dependent on setting up in preferences using Windchill Workgroup Manager > Mapping System Attributes and File Properties which supports configuring for the Creo authoring application starting in Windchill 11.1 M020 and beyond, as depicted in the image below:

sys_param.png

JoshuaHouser
16-Pearl

Thank you!

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: Delivered

Support for these specific attributes has been delivered.