Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Vote" and "Comments" to Tasks for Change Process table view

Add "Vote" and "Comments" to Tasks for Change Process table view

Edit: Sorry - My screenshot was bad - I updated it.

I love the Tasks for Change Process table.  I use the table instead of the Routing/Process History and Process Status tables.

However, I believe that the TfCP table can be much improved going forward.  It seems this table is only half-implemented, as compared to the Process Status table.  I would like to see "Vote" and "Comments" added as available columns to add to customized TfCP table views.  There are probably others I am not thinking of as well, that would be useful.

If you would like to see other columns available in this table, please comment.

I have leveraged a customization to accomplish this today and provide a screenshot, but it would be nice if this was included as standard functionality.

Customized TfCP Table.png

11 Comments
Peridot

Ben,

Making the Tasks for Change Process table more configurable is something we would like to do in the future as well as expanding the navigation one can do in it (upstream as well as down)

In general though we would also like to provide a simplified Signatures feedback to give you an easy way to see signatures, comments and decisions in a consolidated and easy to digest.  That might include all signatures (multiple loops), signatures from latest loop or from a specific task.  I am using the term signatures generically here, not just to me e-signature events.

While I don't have immediate plans for this we know this is something important and I will keep the thread updated in the future.

Ben,

This is an excellent customisation  ...  I was rather disappointed when I realized that exactly those two columns "Vote" and in particular "Comments" currently are not available OOTB.

Are you able to share a bit of info on how big of a customization it is and where to start? (That is until it's part of Windchill OOTB 🙂

Garnet

Emailed.

Nice to see this post! I've received similar requests from our end users. I do agree, this table gives a very good overview of the whole flow. It would be valuable to have more configurations option for it. 

Ben, I'd be grateful if you could share some info about the customization points, if possible. We are now on Windchill 10.2M030.

Visitor

Hi,

You can see the Vote and comments in "Process Status". We have one customization where in even 1 approver rejects the task is routed back. and the assignee see the comments and makes correction.

Regards

SudhakarSnap0104.jpg

Hello JeffZemsky

your post is a year old. Any news regarding improvement for Windchill 11 ?

Thank you

Best regards

Tanzanite

I would like an update too if possible.

Peridot

We are working adding the Vote and Comments field to this table for WC 11.0 M010.  The user will have to configure these in as we can't update the table view in a non-migration release.  We still plan ton continue to expand the table to make it more configurable and let users add more columns, but we wanted to get started on these two to add the value.

As a side note in WC 11.0 F000 we added the Tasks for Change Process table to the list of tables you can add to your Task Form Templates (Native Task Templates).

Peridot

Vote and Comments columns are available for the Tasks for Change Process table in Windchill 11.0 M010.  Note as this is an MOR we can't add the columns by default so they have be added by admins or users.

vote_comment_tasks.png

Hi JeffZemsky

it took two years, but worth the wait.  This is great when PTC consider end user suggestions and implement them and/or make them even better.

Thank you to your development team.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Current Functionality