1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Working in an international defense company I help manage and maintain our instance of Windchill for 500 plus users.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Release: 126.96.36.199
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. When making a delivery in a Package, it creates a ZIP with all the related files from the Package Content. We are currently able to configure the "Set Collection Rules" for the content in the Package to include all "Published Content" however it only provides the .PVZ file type of the Representations.
I am aware that it is possible to extract the native PDF file from the .PVZ file however this is not currently acceptable for the delivery of our data to customers.
4. What is the use case for your organization? A potential solution I've found is with the WVS Afterloader Hook Method in Windchill. We would need to set it up for both the WTDocument object types and Creo object types. Reading the articles CS348848 and CS348518, this solution adds the native PDF file from Representations into the attachments of objects which can then be sent via Packages. It also states that it will remove and replace the PDF rep file from the attachments each time the object is checked in and out.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This method will greatly reduce the amount of rework that is required by adding the PDF rep file to the attachments which removes the need to change the "Set Collection Rules" of packages and includes the native PDF created by the Publisher in the delivery.