cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the ability to "Add to Workspace" for Affected and Resulting Objects.

Add the ability to "Add to Workspace" for Affected and Resulting Objects.

PROPOSED IDEA:

Add the "Add to Workspace" icon in the Affected and Resulting Objects UI.

BUSINESS IMPACT:

It will make all of our Creo users more productive because they can just add Creo data to thier workspace directly from the ECN Affected and Resulting Objects UI.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION:

For those Windchill users using Creo (and WTParts) working with 3D CAD data they must "search" and then "Add to Workspace" for all the Creo data on the ECN. It would be so much more productive if one could just add Creo (and WTParts) data to thier workspace directly from the ECN Affected and Resulting Objects UI.

12 Comments
Participant

Absolutely!

I'm not sure it's going to save a company millions but it's obvious, low hanging fruit and greatly improves the User experience.  

Amethyst

Or ability to copy/paste or drag and drop from Windchill to CAD session

And the other side.  copy/paste or drag/drop from CAD session to resulting object UI.

Cause it is a common use case that some CAD parts are impacted by the change and need to be added after ...

Pearl

You can add the add to workspace command by adding the command in the xml. But your not able to select multiple objects and add them to workspace like a folder. This ist definitly a must have for user which uses the changemanagement.

Garnet

This was discussed at PTC Live this week.  I think it was Jeff Zemsky's presentation "Change Management Best Practices".  This is implemented in 10.2 M030 that will come out ~early 2015.  There were screenshots.  They're finalizing the specific icons that will go on that toolbar right now.

Peridot

Hey Ben - thanks.  Actually, this is already out in 10.2 M020 - it was additional actions that we are adding in the M030 release.  It is supported on both the Affected and Resulting tables.

stws.png

Garnet

Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification.  Sorry for the misinformation.

To further clarify what I've discussed with you at PTC Live, I've put together a screenshot.  It would be nice to include the "Open in ProductView" (or Creo View) button in this toolbar.  That way we don't need to go through the Windchill Clipboard.

(Please pardon my 9.1 screenshots.  Working on the upgrade later this year )

open in pv.png

This is great news Jeff!  And thanks for supplying the screenshot so I can share this with my Creo users.

Hi everybody,

is it not possible with PLM version 10.2 M030 to add several objects from Affected objects at once to Workspace?

Peridot

Raffaella,

Affected Objects does not work - only Resulting

Emerald I

Jeffrey Zemsky‌, Should the idea really be marked "Current Functionality" if only half of the idea's functionality actually exists???

... for all the Creo data on the ECN.

Peridot

Tom,

I would like to have both, but the largest use case was the Resulting so we did it first.  There is no good way to address - half.  We are planning to continue work in this area as well as other areas of CAD/Change WIP ease of use.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived