cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the template version to the user interface.

Add the template version to the user interface.

When looking at objects in Windchill there is no way to tell what the versions of any templates they use are. For instance the lifecycle template is listed on the Information page, but you have no idea which version of it was last applied. If running thru a workflow the same issue exists. For instance the Change Notice workflow, if looking at one that is in process there is no way to tell which version of the workflow template it is using.

This can cause confusion as changes in the templates cause different behaviour in the user interface. Since the user cannot tell what version is being used they cannot predict what will happen based of knowing that differences between the templates.

4 Comments

Go File>Options>Configuration Editor>Add>pro_format_dir and browse the folder you want to set default directory for forUntitled.pngmats.

Visitor

I am talking about things like lifecycle templates in Windchill, not CAD templates in CREO.

Tanzanite

Courtney,

it's not exactly what you are asking for, but if you look at this document I wrote Resource for reporting you can find some query builder report to catch LC templates.

It's not for end users, but for admin use, for example to massive life cycle reassign.

Hope can be helpful in some way.

Marco

Visitor

I eventually found that this data is in the UI if you create a custom information page tab, and add the lifecycle history to it. I still think it should show it on the details page page though.

Hope this helps someone else looking for this information.