Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Change Template instance editing during CN creation step

Allow Change Template instance editing during CN creation step

When creating a new Change Notice using a Change Object template for your Implementation plan you must create the CN the Implementation Plan, then you need to save the plan, then go back to edit the Implementation plan to remove unwanted tasks.  This is am ungainly process.  It would be simpler to allow users edit ability (Remove Task) during the Create phase of the wizard.  The instance is in place so we should be able to begin editing rather than needing to save and go back in to the plan a second time.

7 Comments
Peridot

RMB action to remove Task was added in 10.2 M010

Amethyst

I was exactly looking to implement this as well here in Alcon. The implementation plan is not ready when creating the change notice task. In our scenario few groups need to be invloved for defining implementation plan later in the process not upfront. Here is the CS article detail.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS176029&source=tssearch

Jeff, Can this be done in to 10.1 version. Looking at the details it sounds like it can be done. Please confirm.

Peridot

Preeti,

Change Notice templates are supported from 10.2 F000 onwards.

Jeff,

Here is the flip side to my original point.  During the CN creation wizard users are asked to create their Implementation Plans; they add or remove or modify tasks as needed.  What is happening in our system is that during that part of the CN creation wizard when the users can edit the Plan they are making changes to the actual change plan template!  Very much not desirable.  So is that normal functionality?

My thought is that it is an ACL issue.  But how do i block users from editing the Plan template without preventing them from editing their specific CN Implementation Plan?  Could the Change Plan template be a different object type from a CN Implementation plan?

Thanks,

Bob

Peridot

That sounds like a bug if the Template is being updated.  Please file a call with TS

Done

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived