1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We are running Windchill to manage the development of consumer electronics products and I am the PLM platform manager. My stakeholders are all Windchill users, both internal and external.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 12.0
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Like to change the OOTB attribute constraints for Delivery Medium assigned to a Package Delivery. OOTB these constraints are locked and cannot be changed by the customer. There is also no way to choose one of the options as the default.
4. What is the use case for your organization? There are too many options in the Delivery Medium drop down menu when creating a new Delivery object. Many of them are not applicable and the primary reason for choosing one is to define the ZIP archive file size. There is no way to set one of the values as a default and people often create a new Delivery object using the Email option (first in the list) which creates a multi-part ZIP archive. When creating a Delivery we always want a single ZIP archive to share with the recipient.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? It would prevent a lot of supply chain and contact manufacturing confusion by creating Deliveries using a smaller, simpler list of options that will always create a single ZIP archive and not require the removal and recreation of the Delivery object using the correct options. It would also be nice to change the names of these items so we can differentiate between different type of Delivery objects.