cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Individual Users Within a Group to be Selected for Workflow Task Assignment with Setup Participants

Allow Individual Users Within a Group to be Selected for Workflow Task Assignment with Setup Participants

When you add a group to a context team/role then you are forced to choose the entire group when setting up participants. It would be more efficient if there were a capability to drill down inside a group to select individual users.

4 Comments
Peridot

Can you add more detail of where you are looking for this?

This is supported on Change Tasks with Multiple Assignee/Reviewer as well as on Promotion Request (with Promotion Request you need to use the Group Members Display preference).  Below is an example of a Change Task and selecting within the Group - in this case the Group is assigned to the Resource pool for the role.

select within group.png

I was aware of the Promotion Request preference but did not see a similar preference/functionality for other workflow tasks. I also found a related article that describes the same issue and states this functionality is not supported in Windchill 10.1 or 10.2 all date codes.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS169532

Peridot

Justin - thanks.  I am going to update the title to clarify the topic a little

Hi Jeffrey,

Just wanted to check if this request is already available in Windchill or coming up with which windchill releases?

We are also looking for same functionality.

Regards,

Karan